As of December 18th, 2015, the residential energy tax credit has been extended for another 5 years! What does this mean for us?
There is not going to be a slow-down for solar anytime soon. The solar industry will continue to keep its momentum and we will continue to grow our business. Homeowners will continue to get tax dollars back by becoming more energy independent and we will continue to help the green movement by providing clean energy solutions.
The extension is clearly outlined and for those of you who are interested, the specifics are below. I hope this news brings a smile and some happiness to you all as well.
Residential Energy Tax Credit – The Breakdown:
- 30% for systems placed in service by 12/31/2019
- 26% for systems placed in service after 12/31/2019 and before 01/01/2021
- 22% for systems placed in service after 12/31/2020 and before 01/01/2022
- There is no maximum credit for systems placed in service after 2008.
- Systems must be placed in service on or after January 1, 2006, and on or before December 31, 2021.
- The home served by the system does not have to be the taxpayer’s principal residence.
Find Policies & Incentives Near You – Visit the Database of State Incentives for Renewables & Efficiency